Scientific and technical journal "Information security questions" is one of the leading publications in Russia in this subject area. Since its inception in 1974 and is currently (March 2015 already left the 108th issue) it addresses the most pressing problems in the field of information security in their development and the ever-increasing importance, including:
• the protection of trade secrets and intellectual property, new regulations and guidance documents regulating the activities for the protection of information and objects;
• information security of automated systems and communications systems;
• results of development and experience of new hardware and software protection and information security facilities;
• results of research and feasibility studies (by the criterion of "efficiency - cost") concerns the protection of information in modern conditions, taking into account the expansion of international relations;
• experience in the security services and training for them.
As a result inform metric research journal for the period 1997-2015 gg. shows that of the 16 subject headings its most important are: cryptography; protection of information in computer systems and communication systems; general safety information and facilities; detecting and preventing possible leakage of information; automated systems, hardware and software to protect information from unauthorized access.
Journal responds promptly to the emergence of new relevant scientific and practical areas of information security, such as biometric methods and means of information protection and application of new tools to protect the data of nonstandard means of shorthand.
High scientific and technical level of the journal and its representation in the editorial board members of the Department of the Government Office of the Russian Federation, FSTEC, GP Russian Center for "Safety", FSUE "VNIIPVTI", JSC "Gazprom", JSC "NIIAS", ANCUD Ltd and the department "Protection information" Bauman Moscow State Technical University allowed the Higher Attestation Commission (HAC) under the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia of its decision to recommend it for publication in its main results of theses for the degree and Ph.D. in the scientific direction.