The journal publishes the most urgent problems in the field of information security in their development and the ever-increasing importance, including:
• the protection of trade secrets and intellectual property, new regulations and guidance documents regulating the activities for the protection of information and objects;
• information security of automated systems and communications systems;
• results of development and experience of new hardware and software protection and information security facilities;
• results of research and feasibility studies (by the criterion of "efficiency - cost") concerns the protection of information in modern conditions, taking into account the expansion of international relations;
• experience in the security services and training for them.
The most important sections of the journal: cryptography; protection of information in computer systems and communication systems; general safety information and facilities; detecting and preventing possible leakage of information; automated systems, hardware and software to protect information from unauthorized access.
The metadata of the journal is included in the database of the Russian Scientific Citation Index (RSCI).